Kosova has a surface are of 10.908Km². It is ringed by mountains with a central plain divided into two valleys, with the Kaçanik Gorge ruining down the center. The mountains are high as 2.000m on the Macedonian and Albanian borders. The highest mountain is Gjeravica near Deçan which is 2.656m and the lowest point is Vermicë in Prizeren at 295m. Prishtina itself is at just over 600m. Around 41 % of cultivable land is forest. The remainder is arable. Crops grow include barely for the beer, some wheat and vegetables (peppers, potatoes, carrots, cabbages)
There are two main valleys- the Dukagjini Valley which has better irrigation and is slightly warmer so it`s better for growing vegetables and vines, and the Kosova Valley which is good for potatoes and orchards in the southeast.
Kosova is unusual for a place of its size in being almost entirely self-sufficient in water. Its rivers run into the Aegean Sea, the Black Sea and the Adriatic.
The main rivers in Kosova are : Drini i Bardhë (122km long) in Peja region, Sitnica (90 km), Bistrica e Pejës (62km), Morava e Binçës (60km), in the Gjilan area, Lepenci (53km) near Ferizaj and Kaçanik, Ereniku (51km) near Gjakova, Ibri 942km) near Mitrovica and Bistrica e Prizrenit (31km) near Prizren.
The mountains are a mixture of glacial and volcanic in origin, with glacial lakes in Sharr Mountains in Dragash and Brezovica , also in the Rugova and Deçan areas.
Kosova`s main power plant, powered by lignite, is also a significant polluter of the environment.Kosova has a continental climate with hot summers and cold winters. Snow can fall as early as November and as late as April. July and August are invariably hot, although May and June can be too. The temperature during the winter can be -0.9˚C and can reach -15˚C, and during summer the temperature can go as high as 38˚C.
Kosova is border with Central Serbia north and eastward, the Republic of Macedonia to the south, Albania to the west and Montenegro to the northwest. The largest city and the capital of Kosovo is Prishtina, while other cities include Peja, Prizren, Gjakova and Mitrovica
After the Kosova War and the 1999 NATO bombing of Yugoslavia, the territory came under the interim administration of the United Nations Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK), most of whose roles were assumed by the European Union Rule of Law Mission in Kosovo (EULEX) in December 2008. In February 2008, the Assembly of Kosova declared Kosova's independence as the Republic of Kosova. Its independence is recognised by 87 UN member states and the Republic of China (Taiwan).
Kosova population is around 2 million people, 80% Kosovars and 20% Others (Serbs, Roma, Bosnian, etc.) the main language is Albanian, and most of the people speak (as a second language) Serbian, English and
One thing that will impress you when you visit Kosova is hospitality, people here are very friendly!
Good morning how are you?
ReplyDeleteMy name is Emilio, I am a Spanish boy and I live in a town near to Madrid. I am a very interested person in knowing things so different as the culture, the way of life of the inhabitants of our planet, the fauna, the flora, and the landscapes of all the countries of the world etc. in summary, I am a person that enjoys traveling, learning and respecting people's diversity from all over the world.
I would love to travel and meet in person all the aspects above mentioned, but unfortunately as this is very expensive and my purchasing power is quite small, so I devised a way to travel with the imagination in every corner of our planet. A few years ago I started a collection of letters addressed to me in which my goal was to get at least 1 letter from each country in the world. This modest goal is feasible to reach in the most part of countries, but unfortunately it’s impossible to achieve in other various territories for several reasons, either because they are countries at war, either because they are countries with extreme poverty or because for whatever reason the postal system is not functioning properly.
For all this I would ask you one small favour:
Would you be so kind as to send me a letter by traditional mail from Kosovo? I understand perfectly that you think that your blog is not the appropriate place to ask this, and even, is very probably that you ignore my letter, but I would call your attention to the difficulty involved in getting a letter from that country, and also I don’t know anyone neither where to write in Kosovo in order to increase my collection. a letter for me is like a little souvenir, like if I have had visited that territory with my imagination and at same time, the arrival of the letters from a country is a sign of peace and normality and a original way to promote a country in the world. My postal address is the following one:
Emilio Fernandez Esteban
Avenida Juan de la Cierva, 44
28902 Getafe (Madrid)
Spain
If you wish, you can visit my blog www.cartasenmibuzon.blogspot.com, where you can see the pictures of all the letters that I have received from whole World.
Finally I would like to thank the attention given to this letter, and whether you can help me or not, I send my best wishes for peace, health and happiness for you, your family and all your dear beings.
Yours Sincerely